By Jeanette Del Zio www.jdzdesigns.com.au
Loving your home and where you live is essential, it is essential for you to create a thriving and happy lifestyle. It is a place where you spend a lot of time and too often I see homes misused and not appreciated. Today I am going to share five of my top tips to help you fall in love with your home, because if you can, then you will notice a massive improvement in your life and the way you view the space that you inhabit on a daily basis.
- Clear the clutter out! When you have too much stuff it creates a real stifling feeling, almost like you cannot breath. Some people believe that clutter is what makes them happy, trust me, it is not, it is just a result of being stuck in the same routine and the same comfort zone and losing site of really living in the present moment. Of course stuff is necessary but have you ever stopped to think about why you feel so much lighter and happier when you are on holidays with only one suitcase or absolutely love your hotel room and never want to come home? Sure it may be the amazing locations but I assure you stuff and clutter can be like a really heavy weight just holding you down.
- Create Space once the clutter has gone and reorientate/zone your spaces, by doing so you allow for the areas to be inhabited and used in a new refreshing way, it is almost as good as that holiday you’re dreaming about!
- Natural Light is a huge positive and wining combination to creating a really happy interior. Natural light and air might I add can really make a space actually feel ‘’ Dark spaces have their place in the design world and in a home of course, but not in spaces that you spend majority of your time in a home. Kitchens, living and dining areas should be filled with natural light. If it is not an option, other ways to make it feel bright are, re painting the walls and keeping it very neutral, colour of furniture and colour of light globes.
- Scents are very powerful and just like music can really evoke a memory or feeling. Having lovely scents through the home, wether they be through scented candles or essential oils, it can really assist in creating ambiance which can be a really great way to create positive energy.
- Adding burst of colour through accessories that you can change over and over again.
Another hot tip when renovating say an old home and you need to gain motivation to feel in love or inspired with it, ask yourself what is it exactly that you need and want from your home. It is more than just a box or four walls! It can do wonders for your life if you know how to plan and approach it with care and creativity.
All images sourced from Pinterest ( www.pinterest.com/jdz1)